.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Demon Sun- Life From A Twisted Angle

The Random Rantings of a Computer nerd/Anime fanboy/Chef/Photographer/Randum Nutjob

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Otakon vol 2.

I said I'd do it and I'm gonna do it.
Here it is my Otakon report.

I got to meet a lot of cool aritists, and picked up abunch of cool swag. I'll post pictures later, although I dont have that many( my dad wouldn't let me bring a camera.)

Travelling down to baltimore was an almoste complete disaster. averted only by my posession of a map. We missed a turnoff in Corning, NY that, instead of sending us towards Williamsport ended up sending us to Binghamton. Long story short we ended up getting back on course in Binghamton, and we were of on our way to Baltimore. Because of our little detour, we ended up travelling an extra 60-70 miles.

When We got to the hotel we finally got orgainized again, and set of to the convention center, I had to go register as a gopher for the con, while most of the others got in line for the Pre-registration. apparently the line got so large at one point it wrapped around the BCC twice, but what is even more amazing is that it took only about half an hour from the end of the line to Pick up the badges. When I was finishe with the gofer reg and orientation I headed down to get in line, for my badge. That took me 20 min from the back of the BCC. It was one of the best run Registrations I've seen.

After most of us had our registrations, Our little part of the group headed back to the hotel, 16 blocks away through one of the worst parts of baltimore. But the hotel is another story. When Our little group got back it turned out that one of our drivers Mike, who also happened to be the "leader" of our whole group, had gotten lost on the way to pick up one of the other members of our little group of anime freaks. Then it turned out that he had gotten lost and run over some thing and then was stuck for about 4 hours until that problem was sorted out. That lasted until around 11 or so at night.

On the first day of the con I had Gofer duty in the Registration and Pre-reg area. I ended up as a traffic cop, quite fun, and I got lot's of good comments on my kill bill tshirt It was quite fun. I stayed there for about 3 1/2 hours, and made a new contact. Gofering is quite fun.

I'm running out of time for tonight so I'll post the rest of day one tomorrow. Whenever I get around to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home